Businesses, Click Here is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

ALERT provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources. is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Cherokee County Arrest, Court, and Public Records

Criminal Statistics

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation records, monitors, and publishes statewide crime statistics as part of the state's uniform crime reporting program. It also compiles crime data from various county law enforcement agencies. Reports released in 2017 for MSA index crimes puts the total crimes committed in Cherokee county at over 6,000 reported incidents. Theft and larceny accounted for nearly 80% of the total crimes with more than 5000 incidents combined. On the other hand, violent crimes proved the least common with murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault making up less than 4% of total committed crimes.

Criminal Records

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation serves as the state central repository of criminal history records and processes requests for employee background checks and criminal history information. However, with the consent of the subject Cherokee criminal history records can also be obtained from the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.

How to Get Criminal Records and Police Reports

Requests for criminal history records and background checks are processed by the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office. Records and checks typically provide information about the subject including any, arrest records, misdemeanor charges, conviction information, and relevant dates to accompany. Requestors are required to have the subject of the check complete a criminal history consent form, which should be submitted in person to the Central Records Division of the Sheriff's Office at:

498 Chattin Drive,
Canton GA 30115
(678) 493-4200

The Central Records Division also processes state-wide background checks, and criminal history reports at the rate $15. Requesting parties may be required to present a government-issued ID in order to receive the requested record.

Similarly, police reports can be obtained by visiting the Central Records Office during normal business hours with information about the report of interest. Copies of reports will be made available to requestors at $0.10 per page, while motor vehicle reports require a payment of $5.00 per report requested.

How to Find the Sex Offender Registry and Other Sex Offender Information

The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office maintains a published registry of sex offenders resident within its jurisdiction. Interested members of the public may access information about the location, online identities and compliance of sex offenders in Cherokee county. The registry may be searched by name, city or address and can be used to register for email alerts which notify registrants about offenders that are new to town or have changed location.

How to Get Inmate and Jail Information

All inmate and jail information of incarcerated persons in the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center is managed by the Jail Operations Division of the County Sheriff's Office. Information about current inmates, welfare and related queries can be obtained by sending a written request to the Jail Division through the Sheriffs Office at:

498 Chattin Drive,
Canton GA 30115
(678) 493-4200

Alternatively, interested persons may locate or obtain information about inmates using the Georgia Department of Corrections Inmate Search Tool. Offenders may be searched by county or facility name. However, information obtained on the tool may need to be verified through written correspondence sent to:

Inmate Records and Information
P.O. Box 1529,
Forsyth, GA 31029

Court Records

Where and How to Get Court Records

The Cherokee County Clerk of Courts is the clerk of the superior, state, juvenile and magistrate court. It also serves as the primary custodian of court records of all cases filed within its jurisdiction. The office offers access to non-confidential court records, to persons with reasonable intent. Copies of records can be obtained as regular copies or certified copies. Interested persons are first required to determine the type of copy desired before making a request.

Regular copies can be obtained using the Clerks Online Docket Portal, which electronically houses non-confidential information of court cases. Users are required to search the docket feature using the case number, parties names or CSE numbers. However, any missing information on the records provided may be obtained by querying the Clerk's Office directly.

Requests for the most current and complete record and requests for certified copies may be made in person or via mail. In this case, regular copies can be obtained at $.50 or $.10 per page while certified copies cost $.50 per page and $2 for the seal.

Mail queries require a written request, which should indicate the case number, type of copy requested a self-addressed and stamped envelope as well as a cheque or money order to cover the cost of the copies.

Requests are to be made at/to:

Cherokee County Clerk of Courts
90 North Street
Suite G-170
Canton, GA 30114

Location of All Courts in County

Listed below are the court locations, mailing addresses, and contact information for all the courts in Cherokee County:

Cherokee County Superior Court
Frank C. Mills III Justice Center
90 North Street, Suite G-170,
Canton, GA 30114
Phone: (678) 493-6501 (Civil)
Phone: (678) 493-6505 (Criminal)
Fax: (770) 479-0467

State Court of Cherokee County
Frank C. Mills III Justice Center
90 North Street, Suite 160,
Canton, GA 30114
Phone: (678) 493-6550 (Criminal)
Phone: (678) 493-6555 (Civil)
Fax: (770) 479-0467

Cherokee County Juvenile Court
Frank C. Mills III Justice Center
90 North Street, Suite 350,
Canton, GA 30114
Phone: (678) 493-6560
Fax: (770) 479-0467

Probate Court of Cherokee County
Frank C. Mills III Justice Center
90 North Street,
Canton, GA 30114
Phone: (678) 493-6160
Fax: (678) 493-6170

Cherokee County Magistrate Court
Frank C. Mills III Justice Center
90 North Street, Suite 150,
Canton, GA 30114
Phone: (678) 493-6431
Fax: (770) 479-0467

Municipal Court of Ball Ground
215 Valley Street, Ball Ground, GA 30107
(770) 735-2123

Municipal Court of Canton
151 Elizabeth Street,
Canton, GA 30114
(770) 704-1546

Municipal Court of Holly Springs
3235 Holly Springs Parkway,
Holly Springs, GA 30115
Phone: (770) 345-5538
Fax: (770) 345-5610

Municipal Court of Nelson
P.O. Box 100,
Nelson, GA 30151
Phone: (770) 735-2211
Fax: (770) 735-3957

Municipal Court of Woodstock
12453 Highway 92,
Woodstock, GA 30188
(770) 592-6025

Where and How To Get Bankruptcy RecordsThe Northern District of Georgia US Bankruptcy Court hears bankruptcy cases of Cherokee County and manages court records and related documentation. To retrieve bankruptcy records interested persons may query the Office of the Clerk of Courts of the Bankruptcy Court or utilize the national index for district, bankruptcy and appellate courts online.

In-person and mail requests can be made at/to:

Sidney O. Smith Federal Building
121 Spring Street SE
Gainesville, GA 30501
Telephone: (678) 450-2700

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

The Georgia Department of Public Health maintains the birth and death records of all persons born and deceased in the state of Georgia. It also manages and issues marriage records of marriages that occurred between the year 1952 to 1996. Similarly, the North Georgia Department of Public Health District houses and disseminates some vital records of counties within the district. Interested persons may access copies of birth and death records by querying the district department while other records are maintained by county-level departments.

Where and How to Get Divorce Records

Records of divorces granted in Cherokee County are maintained by the Cherokee County Clerk of Courts. Records are stored electronically on the Clerks Online Docket Portal. However, requests for certified copies of divorce records may be made in person or via mail. This will require information about the divorcees, as well as the date and place of divorce as well as a payment of no more than $7 depending on the number of pages of the record.

Mail queries should include a written request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope. And both mail and in-person requests may be made at/to:

Cherokee County Clerk of Courts
90 North Street
Suite G-170
Canton, GA 30114

Where And How To Get Marriage Records

The Cherokee County Probate Court issues marriage licenses and maintains records of marriages whose licenses it dispensed. Eligible persons may request copies of marriage records by querying the Probate Court Clerks or Chief Clerk on (678) 493-6160/(678) 493-6160. Alternatively, requests can be sent using the contact form on the Probate Court Site or via mail to:

90 North St
Suite 340
Canton, GA 30114

Written requests must include information about the spouses as well as the date of the marriage or date that the license was issued.

Where And How To Get Birth And Death Records

The North Georgia District of the Georgia Department of Public health processes requests for birth and death records of persons born and deceased in Cherokee County.

As per Human Resources regulations, access to birth records is limited to the registrant, their parents or legal guardian, their direct relation or spouse and legally authorized persons.

Persons interested in obtaining a copy of a certified birth record must provide information regarding the name and date of birth on the record requested. Requestors must also provide a photocopy of their ID to confirm eligibility and complete a vital records birth request form after which they will be required to pay the search and copy fees indicated on the form.

Similarly, persons requesting a certified copy of a death record will be required to disclose their relationship with the deceased as well as their name, date, and place of death, their age of death and sex. The requesting party is required to complete a Vital Records Death Request Form and pay any applicable fees as indicated on the form. Completed birth or death forms may then be submitted in person or via mail to

1219 Univeter Road
Canton, GA 30115
(770) 345-7371


State Office Of Vital Records
1680 Phoenix Blvd. Suite 100,
Atlanta, Ga 30349
(404) 679-4702